Call us to see if you qualify for a Free Consultation
Benefits of Ongoing Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is useful in situations where the pain is compromising the quality of your life. For many people, ongoing chiropractic care can be valuable. If you are suffering from chronic pain, repeated, long-lasting treatment can improve your life. But, even for people who don’t suffer from chronic pain, there are many benefits to chiropractic care.
At MacKenzie SDI (Spinal Decompression Institute) in Coquitlam, we provide these treatments for people with many different pain problems including arthritis and other joint problems. We can also provide care for people who have been in car accidents or who are dealing with a variety of other injuries and conditions.
There are many ways that consistent chiropractic care can improve your life. Chiropractic medicine is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the body’s musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic doctors utilize various therapies that facilitate healing and wellness.
Some benefits of receiving chiropractic care:
- A strong immune system: This might not seem like a direct benefit, but research has shown a correlation between chiropractic treatments and a stronger immune system.
- Decreased dependence on medication: While medication has many benefits and have their place, reducing the need for pain medication can be a relief for many patients. One classic study has shown that many patients experienced a reduction in the number of migraines they were having after two months of repeated chiropractic care.
- Help with chronic pain: Over 100 million people in North America are dealing with chronic pain. There are many causes of chronic back and neck pain. While medications can reduce the pain, they do not always heal the actual problem. Chiropractic care seeks to address the root cause of pain and promote long-term healing and health.
- Improvements to overall mood: While people who are experiencing stress might not immediately consider going to see a chiropractor, doing so can provide valuable mental health and mood benefits. Many patients have reported feeling happier after receiving chiropractic treatment. Chiropractic treatment can improve hormone balance, and stimulate the release of dopamine.
- Improvements in posture: May people are required to sit at a desk for many hours a day. This can contribute to bad posture which can lead to chronic aches and pains. With regular visits, treatments can improve spinal alignment, and relieve pressure on your neck.
There are many benefits to receiving ongoing chiropractic care. For patients who are dealing with chronic pain issues, ongoing treatment can be especially beneficial. At MacKenzie SDI, we want to help you with your pain. We’ll work with you to address the root of the problem and prescribe a customized treatment plan. Contact our Coquitlam office today to schedule a consultation. We can treat many conditions, and we have the experience and skills necessary to help relieve your pain.